Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1320 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
Beer Events Going On?
Are you about to have a beer festival at your pub, or a meet the brewer night? Doing something out of the ordinary?
Hull & East Yorkshire CAMRA would love to hear about it, but we won't know if you don't tell us!
Please get in touch if you're doing something special and we'll do our best to let our members know about it. We have a Twitter feed, a Facebook group and mailing lists which can all be used to advertise and promote your events so what are you waiting for?
Shout out and give us the news!
Please contact the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
CAMRA #PullingTogether Campaign
How to support our breweries and pubs during COVID-19 crisis
1. Buy beer direct from the brewery – a number of local breweries are delivering to York and surrounds, or offering opening times where you can collect your order. Buying from the brewery puts the money direct into their tills and will help them keep the lights on.
2. Buy beer and food from the pub – a few pubs are keeping their kitchens open and delivering to their local area. If your local pubs is one of them then please support them and help them survive this unprecedented situation
We’ve listed all the local breweries and pubs below. If you know any we’ve missed then please let us know on ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni so we can update this page.
Branch breweries and pubs open for beer delivery/collection
All Hallows -- https://en-gb.facebook.com/goodmanhamarms/ -- 07508 604444
Atom -- https://www.atombeers.com
Bone Machine -- https://bone-machine-brew-co.myshopify.com
Bricknell -- http://www.bricknellbrewery.co.uk
Half Moon -- http://www.halfmoonbrewery.co.uk/beers.html -- 01757 288977
Great Newsome -- https://www.greatnewsomebrewery.co.uk/shop/ -- 01964 612201
Vittles & Company -- https://www.facebook.com/vittlesandcompany/
Wold Top -- https://www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk/shop
Yorkshire Brewhouse -- https://yorkshirebrewhouse.com/order/
Alexandra Hotel -- phone between 10am – 9pm – 07768 726905 – beers and cider
Atom, Corn Exchange -- https://www.atombeers.com
Chilli Devil’s -- https://en-gb.facebook.com/ChilliDevils/ -- phone 01482 961666 Weds/Sat 1pm-8pm
Furley & Co -- https://furleyshull.co.uk -- phone 01482 229649 - Take out beers, ciders, IPAs and DIPAs, as well as a condensed food menu
Head of Steam — https://theheadofsteam.co.uk/bars/hull — Phone 01482 217236 -Wednesday to Saturday bottle shop, Head to our Untappd or Facebook pages for full availability list
Minerva -- https://www.minerva-hull.co.uk -- Take out weekend meals, plus alcohol take outs, Saturday and Sunday -- phone 01482 210025
Taphouse— Friday/Saturday 12-8pm, Street food, beer and cider, tea & coffee — call to order 01482 618000
80 Days Bier Haus -- https://www.facebook.com/80daysbierhaushull/
Three B’s Micropub -- https://www.threebspubbrid.co.uk – phone 01262 604235
Goodmanham Arms -- https://en-gb.facebook.com/goodmanhamarms/ -- 07508 604444
Stackhouse -- https://www.facebook.com/StackhouseBarHornsea/ -- 01964 534407
To find other pubs offering takeaway or delivery services, please visit our www.whatpub.com. CAMRA also has a list of breweries offering these services, which is available both on www.beerishere.org and www.camra.org.uk/pullingtogether
New CAMRA update - Brew2you
How Brew2You works? Brew2You is a simple app that allows you to find and order drinks from local pubs and breweries. Click the link, Brew2you for further information.
Install the App Download the app via the App Store
Find local pubs, breweries (plus more) based on location quickly and easily
Place your order and enjoy great drinks from great local businesses
This app is produced in partnership with : Cask Marque, Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) and British Institute of Innkeeping (BII)
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Wednesday 20 May, 15:14 : RT @AlanBowler9: Just because all the pubs are shut, it doesn't mean real ale should stop. Enjoying hand pulled @RavenHillBrew Summit Pale in my own beer garden from @ChilliDevils in Hull, great beer! @HullCAMRA pic.twitter.com/oj6htbGlBb
- Sunday 17 May, 20:57 : RT @ThreeBsPubBrid: ---NEWSFLASH-- NEWSFLASH---- We are changing our hours slightly as from TUESDAY 19TH MAY. We will be opening at the earlier time of 1.00pm and closing at 7.00pm TUESDAY TO FRIDAY. 12pm - 7.00pm SATURDAY 1.00pm - 6.00pm SUNDAY.
- Thursday 14 May, 17:06 : RT @tonyatthehop: Enjoying a @BricknellBeers Chocolate Porter. Now available on draught at @ChilliDevils . Why am I telling you this - I want the rest of the barrel. Get there before me to ensure you get some 😀🍺 🌶 😈 pic.twitter.com/WAfJF0v6QA
- Thursday 14 May, 11:48 : RT @BricknellBeers: An alert has just popped up on my phone: 'Hull CAMRA beer festival starts today'. Gutted! ☹️😢😭 I'm sure we'll all enjoy and appreciate the next one even more. 👍👍👍
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Sunday, 14:00 : Pubs & breweries! Have you signed up to become a partner on #Brew2You? By becoming a partner, you'll increase your visibility, giving you more opportunity to sell your products to customers locally or further afield! Learn more 👉 brew2you.co.uk/become-a-partn… pic.twitter.com/IPTAnRhJKT
- Sunday, 11:00 : Each week in time with a new #podcast episode, we will be sharing a cooking-with-beer recipe from Sue Nowak! 👨🍳🍻 This week, learn how to make lamb chops with raspberry beer! Available on the What’s Brewing website 👉 ow.ly/CzRe50zTK77
- Saturday, 12:00 : Celebrate a Mild with beer expert & author Des De Moor at the Red (On)Lion, 9 June at 6pm! 🍻 Des will talk about the Mild style’s fascinating history, deal with a few myths and invite you to try some examples. Get your place & see suggested beers here 👉 ow.ly/Lomh50zTIKw pic.twitter.com/LM3NjM2vr3
- Saturday, 10:00 : Congratulations to Tom Clarke for winning the homebrewer game in our #podcast competition! 🍻 He's won the Homebrewers board game, kindly provided by Karls Games - check it out below! 👇 karlsgames.co.uk/store/item/boa…
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
2020 HRACF - POSTPONED
"It is with great sadness that CAMRA and the Hull & East Yorkshire Branch in particular have come to the difficult decision of postponing the 2020 Hull Real Ale & Cider Festival (HRACF) due to be held at Hull Minster in May 2020. This action has been taken on the advice from government concerning mass gatherings and the spread of covid - 19D.
Hull & East Yorkshire Branch of CAMRA apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope to be back bigger and better in 2021
Pub of the Season Award
Voting for Spring Award postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions
Our NEW Pub of the Season award has been designed to highlight and support pubs and bars across Hull and East Yorkshire. Though not in the Good Beer Guide they should consistently serve good quality real ale in a friendly and comfortable environment
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the next POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
2020 GBBF - CANCELLED
It is with a heavy heart that this year’s Great British Beer Festival, due to take place from 4-8 August at Olympia London has been cancelled
This decision has not been taken lightly, and we are all too aware how disappointed many of you will feel - particularly those of you who give up your time to volunteer year on year, and those who have already made plans to attend the 2020 festival. These are unprecedented times and I don’t think anyone could have anticipated ever having to make this decision
We will of course provide a full refund for anyone who has bought an advanced ticket this year within 5-10 working days. This will be applied automatically, and no further action is required
We are pleased to say that we fully intend to hold GBBF in 2021, CAMRA’s 50 Anniversary year, and I hope you will join us then. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy
Web Site updates - April/May 2020:
Brewery Information and Pub News updated
10th April 2020
Pubs Protection - ACV's amended
10th April 2020
Brewery Information updated
14th April 2020
Front Page reformatted and updated
27th April 2020
Web site layout and style updated
28th April 2020
Home page updated with cover-19 pub and brewery updates
1st May 2020
HRACF 2020 news updated
1st May 2020
Brew2you information added
6th May 2020
Take away pub list amended
14th and 28th May 2020
Click on image to go to Pub Mirror 111