Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1320 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
GBBF 2020 - Virtual UpdateThe Great British Beer Festival is going virtual! Join us for the first GBBF of its kind
11-13 September 2020
For the first time ever, you can join in the fun at CAMRA’s iconic event from the comfort of your own home, for a weekend of live beer tastings and recorded events including tours of breweries and hop farms, virtual Q&As and a pub quiz. It has been an incredibly difficult year for many due to COVID-19, but we're looking forward to celebrating the very best beers that Britain has to offer in true GBBF style. Mark your calendar for a weekend of fun, friendship, and of course, great beer. There are 500 tickets now on sale for £46 each - don't miss out on getting yours.
For further information please go to link
GBBF 2020 - Virtual Event
Local Pubs Re-opening Information please
Hopefully your local pub has re-opened, if so please let us know what 'new' arrangements have been made to comply with the new Covid-19 guidelines. We will then update our various databases so other can be aware. Are you a publican and want to tell your customers what is happening, this wnill also apply to you.
Please send us the details via our Whatpub website - just go to your pub details and scroll down that page and there is a direct link for you to tell us about what the arrangements are and any other important details that people should be aware of. Alternatively, you can email your details to us at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni and we will make the changes for you.
Support us to support you and the local community, as well as any other interested parties. Details will also be sent out through to our social media outlets to further spread the word. We hope to hear from you very soon.
Please also get in touch if you're doing something special and we'll do our best to let our members know about it too.
Please see Covid 19 - CAMRA Response page (left hand side main menu) for local pubs and breweries offering beer delivery and collection facilities
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Thursday, 15:24 : RT @tonyatthehop: Had to open later than expected today due to essential maintenance that took longer than expected. Now open with the following ales on the bar from @greatnewsome and @woldtopbrewery 😀🍺😂 pic.twitter.com/jNQFT2KmiU
- Thursday, 19:42 : RT @tonyatthehop: Delivered today by @TwistedWheelBC and on the bar very soon 😀🍺😋 @HullCAMRA pic.twitter.com/WcIMlHrEOT
- Friday 7 August, 15:37 : RT @selcamra: @HullCAMRA @aplarge hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-on/whats…
- Tuesday 4 August, 15:45 : RT @ThreeBsPubBrid: We will have another NEW BEER today when we open for our first EAT OUT to HELP OUT at 4.30 - 10pm. @NailmakerBrew WENTWORTH IPA 4.8% Due to obvious limited space with social distancing we are fully booked for meals today and tomorrow. Please contact us to book for next week🐝🐝🐝
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Thursday, 11:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: Check out our latest dive into the What's Brewing archive where we find a potential group called DAMNIT, Drinkers Against Mindless Noise in Taverns, being discussed in 1983! #ThrowbackThursday Find out more in this week’s #podcast episode! Right pointing backhand index pic.twitter.com/G6MqMXYvVw
- Thursday, 10:21 : #MediaRequest Fancy getting involved in a brand new TV show on Channel 4? 📺 They're looking for any Yorkshire-based family-run pubs with a group/family who live together. See below for more information 👇 pic.twitter.com/GaJgHFiSwL
- Wednesday, 12:51 : We've launched more tickets for the Virtual @gbbf (11-13 Sept)! 🍻🎉 Over half of the tastings sold out within 24 hours, so organisers worked with suppliers to offer more tickets for the dark, golden, bitter beer & cider tastings. Buy yours now! 👉 virtual.gbbf.org.uk/tickets/ pic.twitter.com/5VDmiP2Urm
- Tuesday, 17:14 : We're "Bringing the Beacons to You" at the Red (On)Lion, 18 Aug 6pm! Join @BreconBrewing's tasting & sample 3 newly bottled & two new canned beers. The cans aren't launched yet, so we can’t tell you what they are just yet! 🤫 Get the tasting pack here 👉 brew2you.co.uk/store/675 pic.twitter.com/49dcqNreUG
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
NEW PUB OPENINGS
We are pleased to report that a couple of new real ale pubs are now open in our Area, they are Three B's in Bridlington and Atom, Beverley
Three B's at Bridlington is located on Marshall Avenue and offer a true Micropub setting by sticking to the great Micropub basics. So NO keg/spirits/music/jukeboxes (or any other electronic entertainment). They always have a locale/stronger/dark beer (4.8% ABV plus) on the bar, as part of there offering of 4 real ales and up to 10 varieties of cider. A two level micro pub which we are sure you will enjoy.
Atom - Beverley is located on New Walkergate, opposite Beverley Bus Station. Again a small pub but with plenty of choice, real ale and craft beers from the Atom Brewery stable.
Full reports on both pubs will be available in our online only Pub Mirror 112 available next Weekend, details will be updated via our social media pages
Pub of the Season Award
Voting for Spring Award postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the future POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni