Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1320 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
Please click here for latest Covid-19 updates
4th January 2021 - National Lockdown ver 3
A new lockdown was announced yesterday and there is currently uncertainty on whether pubs and clubs can continue to sell alcohol for takeaway in sealed containers – just as supermarkets and off- licences can.
From the information that has been published so far, it looks like the Government will prevent pubs and clubs from operating as off-licences, despite changing licensing laws last year to allow all venues with a premises licences to make off-sales if they couldn’t already. This was a vital lifeline for many pubs and clubs, and also to brewers who didn’t already operate brewery shops but did have a taproom.
During the last lockdown, we know that a small number of venues allowed customers to order click and collect alcohol in non-sealable containers, which some people drank in public in groups. CAMRA agrees that this lockdown is necessary and that every effort should be made to discourage people from gathering and mixing with those outside of their household or support bubble – but this shouldn’t prevent pubs from operating as off-licences and selling alcohol in sealed containers – just as supermarkets and off licences do.
Our latest press release about this can be found here.https://camra.org.uk/press_release/pubs-and-breweries-need-more-financial-support-to-survive-new-lockdown-camra/. We have also written to Alok Sharma, Secretary of State for BEIS, the Department responsible for this change. The letter is on social media and can be found in full at the end of the press release.
A revised e-lobby, calling for the Government to allow pubs to continue to sell alcohol in sealed containers and act as off-licenses has also been launched today
It’s available at https://camra.e-activist.com/page/73809/action/1.
Small Brewers Relief
Your local beer is under threat.
The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you.
CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers.
Sign the petition at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Sunday, 15:48 : We are all missing our pubs at the moment. Whilst we await them reopening why not join Jane on her excellent virtual crawl of Hull''s pubs? twitter.com/blackpooljane/…
- Sunday, 11:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Have you got your ticket for @GBBFWinter At Home yet? ❄️🍻 Taking place 19-21 March 2021, the virtual festival features an array of recorded content: entertainment, beer tastings & brewery tours, plus live discussions with beer experts. Buy yours! 👉 winter.gbbf.org.uk pic.twitter.com/Pqbx5ttiQJ
- Saturday, 15:34 : RT @tonyatthehop: New in from @BricknellBeers - Cascade Pale! Newly tapped ciders from @WorleysCider and @tuttsclumpcider and mini casks from @greatnewsome all available today at the Hop and Vine for delivery. @HullCAMRA pic.twitter.com/DvLxqc9Cyc
- Sunday, 11:39 : RT @ThreeBsPubBrid: ***SPECIAL OFFER*** PLUM PORTER from @NailmakerBrew while our stock lasts - 6 PINTS FOR £15. - Place your order online, by phone or whatsapp. Delivery only, this is FREE within Bridlington. £2 delivery outside Brid up to 5 mile radius. Great tasting beer, highly rated 🐝🐝🐝
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Tuesday, 11:15 : It's vital that wet-led pubs get this payment as soon as possible - this is the only relief that they have been offered for months of restrictions that have unfairly disadvantaged pubs that don't serve food. twitter.com/beerandpub/sta…
- Monday, 10:39 : RT @agladman: @CAMRA_Official @UKHospKate @GBPubConfed @BIIandBIIAB could you please RT for greater visibility? twitter.com/agladman/statu…
- Monday, 13:00 : Submit a nomination for CAMRA's 50th Anniversary Golden Awards! 🌟 We want to honour 50 people, groups or businesses who have made a significant contribution to the achievement of CAMRA's aims with a Golden Award. Nominations are open until 16 March 👉 camra.org.uk/50-years/golde… pic.twitter.com/AryHeZN8m8
- Sunday, 11:00 : Have you got your ticket for @GBBFWinter At Home yet? ❄️🍻 Taking place 19-21 March 2021, the virtual festival features an array of recorded content: entertainment, beer tastings & brewery tours, plus live discussions with beer experts. Buy yours! 👉 winter.gbbf.org.uk pic.twitter.com/Pqbx5ttiQJ
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Pub of the Season Award
Voting for Winter Award postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the future POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Web Site updates:Front Page and Covid 19 pages updated, National Lockdown Ver 3 - HRACF 2021 updated
5th January 2021
Click on image to go to Pub Mirror 113