Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1170 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
Follow the link below to our guide of pubs re-opening:
When pubs reopen next week make your first drink a cask beer from a local independent
brewery. You can only get cask beer in pubs, so now Cask is BACK, let’s back CASK.
Follow the link before to our guide to pubs re-opening: https://hull.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=142212
2021 HRACF Cancelled
It is with deep regret that we have to announce the cancellation of the 2021 Hull Real Ale and Cider Festival which was due to be held at the end of September. At it stands, there are still too many uncertainties including the prospect of having to introduce additional rules and regulations that will not be conducive to the festival. We have therefore decided to cancel this year and reintroduce the festival in 2022. This decision is also in accordance with current guidance from CAMRA nationally.
If there are no radical alterations imposed on us from a higher level, the HRACF will be back at Hull Minster in April 2022 (28th to 30th). We look forward to seeing you there.
CAMRA Celebrating 50 years
Campaigning for Pubs, Pints & People Since 1971
CAMRA is one of the most successful consumer organisations across Europe. Founded by four real ale enthusiasts back in 1971, today we represent beer drinkers and pub-goers across the UK. Our vision is to have quality real ale, cider and perry and thriving pubs in every community.
See our special 50th Anniversary section from the left hand menu.
Pubs Matter Campaign
The #PubsMatter campaign was conceived by CAMRA and leading trade associations, but any campaigning group, trade association or person can - and is encouraged to - get involved!
There's some more information about the campaign, the groups involved and resources on the #PubsMatter website
Click here for Pubs Matter Website
Please click here for latest Covid-19 updates and pubs opening information
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Monday, 09:20 : If you are heading to the pub today please have patience and understanding towards licensees and bar staff as they adapt to the first day of reopening. To find out which pubs are opening from today take a look at our branch website hull.camra.org.uk
- Friday 9 April, 11:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Cask is BACK - so back CASK! 🍺 Our new campaign is calling on beer lovers to choose a pint of fresh cask beer from a local independent brewery when they return to the pub. #CaskIsBack @SIBA01 @caskmarque @BIIandBIIAB Read more about it on our website👉 camra.org.uk/press_release/… pic.twitter.com/nTlcgSQevQ
- Friday 9 April, 14:01 : RT @ThreeBsPubBrid: Thanks @SIBA01 we only use independent breweries. First up from Monday will be beers from @northridingbrew and @BrassCastleBeer #CaskIsBack @HullCAMRA @ScarboroCAMRA @YorkCAMRA twitter.com/SIBA01/status/…
- Wednesday 7 April, 18:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Check out Laura Hadland's (@Morrighani) latest Learn & Discover offering, all about the women of CAMRA and their contributions over the last 50 years. Members can read 'Women in CAMRA' in the Connoisseurs section of the L&D platform here 👇 ow.ly/fSf450EhHRA pic.twitter.com/v6ATgcfdHx
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Wednesday, 18:00 : The next beer featured in our Good Beer Box is @MagicRockBrewCo's Common Ground (5.4 per cent). It's a full-bodied, smooth coffee beer in collaboration with local roaster @DarkWoodsCoffee. For more info and to order your box, go to👉 ow.ly/DDtH50EorBV #CheerstoCAMRA pic.twitter.com/XppKg1cacn
- Wednesday, 14:48 : Have you filled in our survey? You can help us improve WhatPub and power up your pub searches. Share your thoughts and experience - it takes no more than 3 minutes and no personal data will be collected. Take part here👉ow.ly/40KH50EkCzO pic.twitter.com/jUDI1RqSmF
- Tuesday, 11:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: In this weeks #podcast episode, we discuss Community Pub Ownership, Paul Ainsworth, chairman of CAMRA’s Pub Heritage Group and Matt Garrard of the Tollerton Flying Club, discussing how they saved their local pub @airhostespub. Tune in to learn more! 👇 shows.acast.com/pubspintspeopl… pic.twitter.com/IuI4QuCHiG
- Tuesday, 12:00 : Not long until the brand new What's Brewing online platform will be available for members! We'll be sharing more soon, but in the meantime make sure you are following our dedicated Twitter stream @WBOnline_ for updates. 👀 pic.twitter.com/6CTrpy8W3t
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Pub of the Season Award
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the future POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Web Site updates:Front Page updated, CAMRA 50th Anniversary page added
15th March 2021
Front Page updated, CAMRA 50th Anniversary page updated, Covid 19 and pubs reopening info updated
18th March 2021
Front Page updated, Covid info updated
23rd March 2021
Front Page updated, Pubs opening page added
29th March 2021
Front Page updated, Pubs opening page updated
1st April 2021
Pubs opening page updated
2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th April 2021
Front page and pubs opening page updated, cask is back added
9th April 2021
Front page and pubs opening page updated, pub news updated
12th April 2021
Click on image to go to Pub Mirror 113