Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1170 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
In recent weeks the various Governments and Assemblies of the UK have announced how their roadmaps will be progressing.
How does this affect CAMRA Branches?
No branch meetings or arranged gatherings such as socials can take place before complete government lifting of restrictions which in England, affecting most branches, we know will not happen any earlier than 21 June.
Even when gatherings are allowed there are often restrictions of numbers of people who can attend, and most CAMRA meetings are unrestricted in terms of people who can attend. No events can take place, and no financial commitment may be made to any event booking.
In response to the reports that easing of restrictions in England will be delayed beyond June 21, please find the attached comment from CAMRA National Chairman Nik Antona.
Read the release on our website: http://ow.ly/4STt50F9JCT
Follow the link below to our guide of pubs re-opening:
May is Cider Month
To raise awareness of cider and perry production, CAMRA celebrates Cider Month twice a year. These are in October and May, during which time our local branches organise cider and perry events across the country. Unlike real ale production, which can happen at any time of the year, real cider and perry can only be made when the fruit is ripe and is tied to a natural cycle of the apple and pear trees found in orchards around the country. May was chosen because it is when the orchards bloom and begin producing fruit which will then be harvested. It is also when cider and perry production in the previous year reaches maturity and can start being enjoyed.
Please follow this link to our Branch Cider pubs
Now pubs have reopened make your first drink a cask beer from a local independent
brewery. You can only get cask beer in pubs, so now Cask is BACK, let’s back CASK.
Pubs Matter Campaign
The #PubsMatter campaign was conceived by CAMRA and leading trade associations, but any campaigning group, trade association or person can - and is encouraged to - get involved!
There's some more information about the campaign, the groups involved and resources on the #PubsMatter website
Click here for Pubs Matter Website
2021 HRACF Cancelled
If there are no radical alterations imposed on us from a higher level, the HRACF will be back at Hull Minster in April 2022 (28th to 30th). We look forward to seeing you there.
Full statement click here
CAMRA Celebrating 50 years
Campaigning for Pubs, Pints & People Since 1971
CAMRA is one of the most successful consumer organisations across Europe. Founded by four real ale enthusiasts back in 1971, today we represent beer drinkers and pub-goers across the UK. Our vision is to have quality real ale, cider and perry and thriving pubs in every community.
See our special 50th Anniversary section from the left hand menu.
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Wednesday, 10:13 : RT @chequersmicro: The suns out ☀️and our beer garden is drenched in it 🤗 come down this afternoon from 3pm and enjoy a delicious Cask or Keg drink.@RoostersBrewCo @TwistedWheelBC @TurningPointbco @HalfMoonBrewer @TempestBrewCo @Omnipollo pic.twitter.com/PqwjxNgakP
- Wednesday, 13:38 : Looking great in the sun. Great beer board too 👍 twitter.com/norfolknog1/st…
- Tuesday, 13:39 : RT @tonyatthehop: On the bar today at the Hop and Vine! Beer Board: goo.gl/2RZNU6 #BeerDayBritain @SmallWorldBeers @GooseEyeBrewery @DuddasTunCider @colemanscider @tuttsclumpcider #RealAleFinder pic.twitter.com/iwybfAHNLj
- Monday, 14:12 : RT @CAMRA_Official: In response to the reports that easing of restrictions in England will be delayed beyond June 21, please find the attached comment from CAMRA National Chairman Nik Antona. Read the release on our website: ow.ly/cAxU50F9JCU pic.twitter.com/g5X8YNdQZ1
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Tuesday, 19:00 : We want to say #CheersToBeer to all the breweries, pubs and beer drinkers that make the UK brewing industry worth fighting for! 🍻 #BeerDayBritian #PubsMatter #CaskIsBACK
- Tuesday, 11:00 : Happy Beer Day Britain! 🍻 This year #PubsMatter more than ever, so if you can, get down to your local for 7pm and raise a pint of independently brewed cask and say #CheersToBeer! Remember to share your pictures of whatever tipple takes your fancy. pic.twitter.com/hPoWWwau0L
- Tuesday, 10:10 : NI’s breweries, cider producers & beer drinkers urge Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey MLA to make sure changes to alcohol licensing laws won't leave local beer scene worse off. Attached is a comment from NI Chairperson Ruth Sloan Read the release 👉 ow.ly/lgO650FauSM pic.twitter.com/PIOhXlegcY
- Monday, 18:00 : Tomorrow we're celebrating Beer Day Britain! Make sure you raise a glass at 7pm to say #CheersToBeer, and share your pictures of it on your socials with the hashtag 🍻 To find out more about Beer Day Britain, go to beerdaybritain.co.uk pic.twitter.com/0mYZ9hZEr6
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Pub of the Season Award
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the future POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Web Site updates:Pubs opening page updated
2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th April 2021
Front page and pubs opening page updated, cask is back added
9th April 2021
Front page and pubs opening page updated, pub news updated
12th April 2021
Front page and pubs opening page updated, pub news updated
14th, 15th April 2021
Page index updated, pubs opening page updated, page layouts updated
18th April 2021
Cider Month added, Pubs openings page updated, page layouts updated, Covid 19 page updated, Branch Diary updated, Club News updated with news of the passing of Steve Hopkinson
29th April 2021
Pubs opening page updated, page layouts updated
17th May 2021
Pubs opening page updated
24th May 2021
Click on image to go to Pub Mirror 113