Hull & East Yorkshire Branch
This is the website of Hull & East Yorkshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) an organisation of volunteers fighting for consumer rights within the pub-going sector. Our aims are to protect those consumer rights, to encourage the use of well run community pubs, and to promote the responsible enjoyment of quality real ale.
Locally we now have over 1320 members but we are always on the lookout for more people to help the campaign...... and you could have a lot of fun whilst you're doing it!
So if you enjoy real ale, good pubs and good company then why not join up?
Visit the Main CAMRA Website where you can see the benefits for yourself.
Please click here for latest Covid-19 updates
October is Cider month
This October is Cider Month which is when we celebrate the production of real cider and perry. Unlike real ale production, which can happen at any time of the year, real cider and perry can only be made when the fruit is ripe and is tied to a natural cycle of the apple and pear trees found in orchards around the country.
October is a very active time for cider makers when production is in full flow and most cider producers are harvesting the fruit.
To celebrate Cider Month, pubs and cider/perry produces will be offering various events where possible. Some pubs will have extra cider and perries available. Check with your local and see what they are doing.!
Small Brewers Relief
Your local beer is under threat.
The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you.
CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers.
Sign the petition at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066
CAMRA Hull Branch on Twitter
- Saturday, 14:23 : RT @ThreeBsPubBrid: With all the speculation around, it appears that we may have Lockdown 2 on the way. We have 3 Halloween beers on today and have decorated for your amusement. Open 12- 10pm today. All beers and ciders available to take out for your own Halloween parties at home 🦇🎃👻🐝🐝🐝
- Saturday, 17:50 : RT @tonyatthehop: Well, just put a fresh cask on with hope in my heart! @woldtopbrewery Scarborough Fair. This does mean that all our cask ales are now 6% abv, but with @AcornBrewery Gorlovka partnering it, we do have two lovely ales on the bar pic.twitter.com/xp8Qe3h3L2
- Friday, 11:33 : RT @whalebonehull: On the bar today! Beer Board: goo.gl/s6eqjw @BrisBeerFactory @BrassCastleBeer @AnarchyBrewCo @northridingbrew @ArborAles @rudgatebrewery @BoneMachineBrew @HullCAMRA #RealAleFinder #bestbeerinhull pic.twitter.com/hu9fGBOGe3
- Saturday 24 October, 12:52 : RT @chequersmicro: Saturdays line up @FernandesBrewer @northridingbrew @brewyorkbeer @greatnewsome @HalfMoonBrewer @TurningPointbco @RidgesideBrewer @AlvinneBrewery #hoppy #sour #impstout #milkstout #goldenale #dipa #ipa #pale #neipa pic.twitter.com/Tq95oc9P1U
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Friday, 16:54 : MEDIA REQUEST 🚨 A production company is seeking pub landlords/ladies for a documentary series. They're looking for characters - people who encourage their patrons to be loyal & keep coming back 🍻 Could this be you? Get in touch with Emma on 👉 email@example.com pic.twitter.com/9dyWGQbvcq
- Friday, 01:12 : RT @BCAWalsall: What a year it's been, but we're delighted to be in the 2021 @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide. Thanks to @WalsallCAMRA, to our amazing customers and friends, to the fantastic Team BCA (our fab staff) and to @BCA_RealAle for their unstinting support in very difficult times 🥰😍😘 pic.twitter.com/vU3MCXcouX
- Friday, 09:18 : RT @LetcombeHound: Good Beer Guide 2021 is out and we are in! Thanks to our hard-working team who strive to source excellent ales both locally and from around the country and keep them in tip-top condition for you to enjoy. #goodbeerguide2021 #countrypub #villagepub #realale @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/1f14eekPzZ
- Friday, 10:57 : RT @ShepherdNeame: We are delighted to announce that five of our pubs have been included in The Good Beer Guide 2021. Now in its 48th edition, it is the definitive guidebook to #pubs that serve the best real ale across the UK. Cheers to that!🍻#thegoodbeerguide #longlivethelocal @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/g9Vup6zo5k
Email the branch at ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
NEW PUB OPENINGS
We are pleased to report that a few new real ale pubs are now open in our Area, they are Three B's in Bridlington and Atom, Beverley
Full reports on both pubs are available in our online only Pub Mirror 112 and on our web site Pubs News page
Another new Pub and Brewery for Bridlington Is the Bridbrewer and Taproom on Chapel Street / 5 King Street, YO15 2DN.
Now open for both On and Off Sales. Cask ales, draft ales and bottled/can beers available, most beers are also vegan friendly. Further details in our Pubs News page.
Not a new pub opening but a mixture of a well know pub reopening but with a bit of a twist. The New Clarence, 77 Charles Street, Hull is reopening under the stewardship of Ian (Chillie Devil) Ibbetson. The pub opens on Thursday 24th September at midday on will closed at 10 inline with new covid guidelines. Opening hours Monday to Wednesday 4pm-10pm, Thursday to Saturday 11am-10pm and Sunday 12noon-10pm. Food menu available as well as Chillie Devil's famous sauces. Further details and photos will be included in our next Pub Mirror magazine which will be available end of September, on-line only. We wish Ian and Kelly the best of luck with this new venture.
Pub of the Season Award
Voting for Summer Award postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions
If you are a CAMRA member and you want to nominate your pub for consideration for the future POTS award please send your nomination to ku.gro.armac.lluh@ofni
Web Site updates - September/October 2020:Front Page, and Locale updated
4th September 2020
Front Page, and members pages updated
7th September 2020
Brewery Information page updated, Members page updated, Branch Diary updated
8th September 2020
Covid 19 pages updated and linked to home page, Cask Ale Week details and Cider month details updated
22nd September 2020
Covid 19 pages updated, PM113 added, Branch open meeting online added October
5th October 2020
Front page updated
25th October 2020